Field of Study:
Sibanye-Stillwater is offering study opportunities at the following Universities in 2019: University of Johannesburg, University of the Witwatersrand, University of Pretoria and North-West University
Pre- screening and psychometric evaluation will form part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview and psychometric evaluation. Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
A limited number of positions are being offered to local and labour sending community members for a full time study opportunity in line with the Sibanye’s business needs in the following disciplines:
- BSc Mining Engineering
- BSc Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Metallurgy/Chemical Engineering
- BSc Geology/Honours
The appointee should:
- Have a minimum Grade 12 Matric Certificate with University Acceptance (Mid-year results will be provisionally considered if currently studying)
- Have the minimum university acceptance APS of 23
- Achieved a minimum of at least: English 5 (60%+), Mathematics 5(60%+) and Physical Science 5 (60%+)
- Reside in Kloof Labour sending Area or local community
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- Applicants who have above 60% aggregate for Mathematics and English in grade-12
- Applicants who achieve an evaluation outcome score of 4 or higher
How to Apply:
- Final allocation is dependent on application obtaining an acceptance letter from the University.
- Applicants will need to undergo an interview process and psychometric assessment.
- Applicants must upload Proof of residence, CV, certified (SAPS) copies of ID and qualifications online
- Preference will be given to applicants from Beatrix local communities and labour sending areas who meet the institution’s registration requirements