Field of Study:
The SAIEE has the following options available for suitable candidates who intend to study for a diploma or degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering at a South African tertiary institution:
The SAIEE Education and Bursary Fund
The SAIEE awards a number of bursaries each year. Monies made available from these funds are used to finance a certain number of bursaries annually, as well as funding the existing bursaries.
These bursaries are awarded subject to the general rules and conditions of the SAIEE bursary scheme.
The frequency of award, and the period for which it is tenable shall be decided by the SAIEE in its absolute discretion.
Bursaries are awarded only if the following circumstances are met:
- You have passed grade 12 and have obtained at least “70%” IN MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICAL SCIENCE.
- Applications for students who already studying Electrical Engineering at a tertiary institution and have passed their 1st, 2nd or 3 rd year will also be eligible for a bursary.
- Details of the courses passed must be submitted with the application, a letter of recommendation from the university and university of technology should be included with the application.
- The parent/guardian statement must be completed IN FULL and certified by a commissioner of Oaths.
- Only South African citizen are eligible for SAIEE bursaries. A certified copy of your “Identity Document” must be included.
- Please print legibly in black ink.
- A certified copy of your grade 12 certificate or certified year-end examination results must be received by the 14 January.
- Proof of salary of both parents and guardian must be attached to your application form. If both parents are unemployed a letter of confirmation from a commissioner of Oath is required
How to Apply:
A certified copy of National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) results/previous year’s university results must accompany all applications.
For applications currently preparing for these examinations, the certified copies must be submitted to SAIEE by the latest 14 January the following year.
The complete application form must be submitted with all enclosures to The Secretary, SAIEE, P O BOX 751253 GARDENVIEW 2047 or electronically to reception at Saiee.org.za.
The SAIEE bursaries are only awarded for undergraduate studies in the fields of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering.
The SAIEE bursaries ONLY COVERS THE COST OF TUITION and some textbooks.
If you have been provisionally accepted by a University or University o
The closing date for completed applications is 30 October every year
Conditions of Bursary:
- Bursaries are only awarded for undergraduate studies.
- Bursaries are only awarded for studies in Electrical Engineering, Electronic and Computer Engineering.
- If you have been provisionally accepted by a University or University of Technology please include a letter of recommendation from the relevant institution.