Field of Study:
- Fields of Study
- Any Field of Study
- Clothing and Textiles
- Collections Management
- Commerce, Law & Management
- Economic & Business Sciences
- Conservation and Preservation
- Construction Education and Training Authority(CETA)
- Electronic Media
- Food and Beverages
- Graphic Design
- Heritage Resources
- Hospitality (hotels and leisure
- Humanities (Law major)
- School of Arts
- School of Education
- Social Sciences
- Literature, Language and Media
- Humanities Graduate Centre
- Human & Community Development
- Information Systems
- Internships and Learnership
- Museum Management and Curatorship
- TV / Radio Production
- Engineering & the Built Environment
- Architecture & Planning
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Construction Economics & Management
- Electrical & Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial & Aeronautical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Health Sciences
- Postgraduate Studies and Research
- Clinical Medicine
- Oral Health Sciences
- Health Science Education
- Anatomical Science
- Public Health
- Therapeutic Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Computational & Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Statistics & Actuarial Science
- Biological and Life Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Geography, Archaeology & Environmental Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Animal, Plant & Environmental Sciences
Thousands of students from all around the world apply for higher educational studies in Hungary each year.
The number of Stipendium Hungaricum applicants is continuously increasing as well as the number of available scholarship places. In the 2018/2019 round of applications more than 4100 scholarships were awarded.
In the academic year 2019/20 more than 5000 students can begin their studies in Hungary in the framework of the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme.
The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between higher education institutions. Currently more than 50 Sending Partners are engaged in the programme throughout 4 different continents.
The new Call for Applications 2019/2020 is available and the application surface is open.
The deadline for applications is 15 January 2019.
Kindly refer to the list with the specific fields of study
Bachelor's and Master's applicants must apply for a course on this list to be considered for the
scholarship. PhD candidates can apply for any field of study CLICK HERE.
- Be a South African citizen in good health;
Have a strong academic record:
- Bachelor’s applicants require a minimum average of 70% in their NSC (excl LO);
- Postgraduate applications require a minimum of 65% in their previous studies
An interest in studying in Hungary and demonstrated commitment to the development of South Africa;
Available to study in Hungary from September 2019 (postponements will not be granted);
Meet the entry criteria for their selected programme in Hungary;
Meet the minimum academic requirement for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
How to Apply:
For more information about what the scholarship covers, Hungarian institutions and studying in Hungary please visit the website: Click on link below.
Applicants are required to complete the online application on the Stipendium Hungaricum website by the deadline indicated and fulfil all requirements as stipulated APPLICATION LINK
The application process will open from mid-November 2018 to 15 January 2019.