Field of Study:
Students enrolled at a South African University who demonstrate consistently strong academic performance.
South African Citizens studying towards their BA Law/BCom Law/ LLB degree.
First year students must provide their Grade 11 and 12 results, indicating that they have maintained a B symbol or higher in English and a C symbol or higher in Mathematics since Grade 11.
Furthermore, they must demonstrate their financial need for support.
Tertiary students must have maintained a higher than average academic standard.
The bursary programme is provided to students with a view to employment as Candidate Attorneys at the firm.
A maximum of R50 000 will be sponsored towards the student’s studies
Tenure (Number of years the award may be held for):
1-year renewable depending on student maintaining a 75% aggregate in terms of the requirements set by Adams & Adams.
Closing Date: 28 February 2020
Conditions of Award:
BA Law/ BCom Law/ LLB
Applicants are required to complete an online application below and to upload a
- letter of motivation (explaining why you should be awarded a scholarship);
- a comprehensive CV;
- Identity Document;
- Matric Certificate and the most recent university academic transcripts on a university letter head.
- Applications by first year students must include a university acceptance letter and proof of registration.
Bursary applicants may be required to partake in vacation work and will be expected to act as campus-based brand ambassadors for the firm from time to time.
Adams & Adams will require a first right of refusal regarding articles of clerkship.
How to Apply:
Applications must be accompanied by the following supporting documents:
- A letter of motivation;
- A comprehensive CV (with two contactable references);
- A copy of your ID;
- Matric / Senior Certificate;
- A full academic record of all qualifications to date;
- A marked legal assignment (not older than 12 months).
Only electronic applications are accepted, no walk-ins or hard copies of CVs will be accepted at career fairs or any other forums where potential candidates interact with representatives of the firm.
Applications are open throughout the year until all available positions have been filled.
Only online applications for candidate attorneys, bursaries and/or vacation programmes are now accepted. Candidates who wish to be considered should Apply Online