Field of Study:
BURSARY SCHEME Please read carefully before completing and returning application forms IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO BE NOTED BEFORE COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM THE FOLLOWING MUST BE ATTACHED TO THIS APPLICATION NOTES
1. This document is not in any way an agreement or commitment.
2. The bursaries are awarded annually as per the conditions of the agreement between the recipient and the Thuthuka Bursary Fund. Renewal is at the discretion of the fund.
3. Successful applicants will be required to enter into an agreement with the Thuthuka Bursary Fund and NSFAS.
4. The closing date for applications is 28th June 2019.
5. To be considered for the Thuthuka Bursary Fund, you are required to register & write the National Benchmark Test (NBT).
6. Your application will remain incomplete until we receive the letter of provisional acceptance to university, the final Grade 12 results and NBT results
The Thuthuka bursaries are only available for African and Coloured learners.
Only Students doing Pure Mathematics as a subject will be considered. NOT MATHS LITERACY OR TECHNICAL MATHS!
Applicants provisionally awarded bursaries will be notified in December.
The final confirmation on the awarding of the bursary will depend on the following:
Confirmation of your acceptance into the Thuthuka programme at a specific TBF University.
Attaining the required endorsement (Bachelors Pass) and points (i.e. M-Score) to study the degree leading to a CA (SA) qualification which has been designated for the TBF programme.
ALL CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED USING THE NSFAS MEANS TEST TO DETERMINE FINANCIAL NEED.
Certified copies of:
- Applicants’ ID
- Parents’/Guardians’ ID
- Parents’/Guardians’ salary advice or Affidavit if unemployed
- Final Grade 11 Results
- Final Grade 12 Results, if already completed Grade 12
- University provisional acceptance letter (to be sent as soon as received)
- Full academic transcript if already at University
- Proof of registration, if already at University
- Copies of ID documents of persons dependant on family income
- A stamped letter from your school confirming registration as well as your subjects.
How to Apply:
RETURN COMPLETED FORM TO: (attached PDF. below)
Thuthuka Bursary Fund, Private Bag X32, NORTHLANDS, 2116 OR Email: [email protected] Closing date: 28 June 2019