Field of Study:
APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 ARE NOW OPEN
South Africa is rich with talent and potential, but because of funding constraints and few opportunities, so much of this potential is never fully realised to the detriment of the socio- economic development of our country.
The Tiso Foundation through its Tertiary Bursary Programme in partnership with various South African Universities seeks to identify deserving previously disadvantaged candidates who have demonstrated talent and determination in their previous academic lives.
The Foundation nurtures and empowers participants to achieve their academic potential, and go on to a meaningful career that will have a lasting impact on their careers, communities and the country. Scholarships are awarded to under privileged youth from marginalized communities who meet the selection criteria.
Selection criteria include; good to excellent matric results or academic performance (if already registered at University), a dedication to their studies and a willingness to meaningfully participate in upliftment programmes existing in the communities from which they emanate.
Throughout the programme, beneficiaries are offered life skills training and academic support. Upon completion the Foundation is available to assist the best students to access career opportunities through its network of corporate and institutional relationships.
The programme aims:
- To promote equity in the workplace by supporting strong black students to acquire the necessary academic qualifications
- To help address the skills shortage in the economy
- To address challenges of poverty through the avenue of human capital development.
- Since inception, the Foundation has funded 50 students pursuing degrees and national diplomas in accredited institutions of higher learning. Going forward,the Foundation targets to support 20 students per year through partnerships with various stakeholders.
Candidates must meet these selection criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 34
- Must come from a previously disadvantaged background.
- Must be in possession of good to excellent matric results.
- Must produce excellent results if already registered as a full time student.
- Must be financially needy
- Must portray and excellent positive attitude.
- Must be dedicated to their studies.
- Must provide references.
- Must be willing to give back to the community.
- You have to be a South African citizen to be eligible to apply for this bursary.
- Attain a minimum average of 70% for school and 65% for tertiary education in your latest academic results.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- The bursary is open to all fields of studies offered at a registered University or University of Technology in South Africa.
Conditions of Bursary:
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must be black as defined by the BBBEE codes of good practice (Black, Coloured or Indian).
- No applications will be considered after the closing date.
- The bursary is awarded on both merit and financial need.
How to Apply:
Click link to visit the Tiso Foundation ONLINE APPLICATION FORM