Field of Study:
The program targets academically qualified undergraduate and postgraduate candidates who are economically disadvantaged young people with leadership potential from sub-Saharan Africa.
The program will provide scholarships to academically talented young Africans to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate studies at UCT.
Students enrolled on the Program will receive mentoring, leadership development, academic and life skills support. Academic support will include tutoring, language training, writing circles and guidance counselling.
- Candidates must have received a firm offer to study at UCT
- Candidates must come from an economically disadvantaged background
- Candidates must demonstrate leadership capability and must have acted in a leadership capacity
- Candidates must meet the set academic criteria.
- A condition of the award is that graduates return to their home country and invest their gained skills and knowledge into the social and economic growth of their country.