Field of Study:
The MBC Bursary Fund seeks to empower students through education, training and skills development in the various fields that could be termed as Community Service.
All academic fields are considered, but preference is given to journalism, media, and Islamic studies.
- All applicants shall have a Matric or have an equivalent (NQF level 4) or higher level of education.
- Applications for all fields of study shall be accepted, though preference will be given to those who study in the field of Media or Islamic Studies or that which might provide for requirements the Voice of the Cape.
- The bursary shall be awarded on an annual basis and renewal depends on the results of the learner.
- The applicant must reapply every year.
Conditions of Bursary:
Conditions of Financial Assistance
- The bursary scheme shall assist successful candidates from the disadvantaged communities.
- The MBC shall determine the number of bursaries issued on an annual basis in accordance with available funds.
- The MBC board of trust reserves the right to award the bursary and also publish the names of the successful candidates in newspapers and on the website.
- The MBC will endeavor to pay a full bursary.
How to Apply:
The selection process includes filling in an application form and writing a letter of motivation of not less than one thousand (1000) words, which specify:
- Reasons for choosing this field of study.
- Candidates’ aspirations
- How the candidates qualification will benefit the community.
- The application form shall be accompanied by two certified references:
- One from the current educational institution attended or employer.
- One from the local religious leader in the applicant’s residential area.
- Both references must have contact details. (Office numbers only).
- Attached to the application are the following certified documentation:
- A certified letter confirming the annual salary of both parents/guardians.
- A certified affidavit if unemployed.
- If a minor the parents/guardians’ certified proof of income.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s identity documents.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s Matric results
- A certified copy of the applicant’s most recent academic results.