To address some of the skills shortages identified in the Sector Skills Plan, the W&RSETA established a Bursary Scheme in 2011 which is administered by the National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) and Career Wise. The Scheme is aimed at providing financial assistance to needy students to study wholesale and retail qualifications.
The bursary scheme is open to learners who want to study any of the retail related qualifications at a recognised university, universities of technology and TVET College (formerly known as FET College) in South Africa.
The W&RSETA is cognisant of the fact that TVET colleges are strategically positioned to address skills shortages in the country and realises the importance of tapping into this skills pool in these institutions.
The bursary scheme will assist the Sector by providing a pool of potential employees with scarce and critical skills, thus narrowing the gap between supply and demand. It will further promote and position wholesale and retail as a career of choice.
Applications are open until 31 May 2021.
How to Apply:
Completed application forms must be email to [email protected]
Submit copies of the following as well:
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of Matric certificate/Matric results/NCV level 4 certificate
- Certified copy of Grade 9 final results for TVET College students
- Full academic record/statement of results
- Proof of tertiary registration/admission
- Proof of accommodation if applicable
- Certified copies of Parents/guardians ID
- Parents/guardians proof of income (employer's details and latest payslips)