Nedbank offers student loans to part-time and full time students in tertiary institutions.
This student loan has flexible repayment options.
If you are interested in applying for the loan, you must have a Nedbank transactional account as your main account. (If you don't have one, you can visit a Nedbank branch & get help to set up your account)
Who can apply?
The student loan is open to South African citizens who have a valid South African ID & a Nedbank transactional account as their main account.
What does the Nedbank study loan cover?
- Tuition fees
What documents do you need to apply?
The student and their guarantor must bring the following documents to their nearest Nedbank branch:
- SA identity document or ID card.
- Proof of current residential address (for FICA purposes)
- Marital status declaration
- Latest payslip
- Three months bank statement (if non-Nedbank client)
- An income and expenditure statement
- Latest exam results
- Proof of registration at a SAQA-accredited tertiary institution.
- An invoice or statement proving the cost of fees, accomodation and textbooks.
- Letter to prove the necessity for any study-related equipment.
- Co-habitation form obtained from a branch (for FICA purposes).
- An Unlocked.Me Student Account (This, as well as a student loan account, will be opened after your student loan application has been approved).
How can the loan be paid off?
If you are a full time student, you can start paying back your loan once your studies are complete. You also have the option to get credit life cover, which is useful in the case of death or disablement.
Should you require funding for other years of study, you need to reapply for the Nedbank student loan and provide your academic transcript for your previous year(s) of study.
If you have any queries, visit the Nedbank website or contact 0860 555 111.