The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme aims to promote teaching through the funding of students who are studying to go into the teaching profession.
This bursary is awarded for one academic year at a time and if you can show proof of academic success the bursary may be renewed each year until the recipient of the bursary has qualified as a teacher. For each year that you are funded, you need to repay the funding in terms of years you work as a teacher for Funza Lushaka. So you will need to apply for the renewal of the bursary every year.
Here's how to re-apply to the Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme
- Open the e-Gov portal here.
- Register by providing personal information if you haven't registered yet
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2021 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
If you are approved for the Funza Lushaka Bursary, the bursary covers:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation including meals
- Books and learning materials
- A possible small allowance for monthly living expenses
Bursaries are available to allow certain approved students to complete a teaching qualification. The reciepients of these bursaries are required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they were funded.