NSFAS is now available to assist students to reset their NSFAS Wallet accounts through NSFAS Chat. Here's what it is and how to use it.
Students who receive their NSFAS allowances through NSFAS Wallet can access NSFAS Chat for a safe, speedy and proactive way to reset their NSFAS Wallet accounts by logging into their MyNSFAS accounts.
To successfully reset your NSFAS Wallet account, you will need to:
- Log into your myNSFAS account(link is external). If you do not have an account, you may register one by going to NSFAS's website(link is external), click myNSFAS and registering
- Once you have logged into your myNSFAS account, click on NSFAS Connect
- Click the chat box in the right corner of the screen
- Advise that you would like to reset your NSFAS Wallet account
- Provide the agent with your cellphone number so that your details can be verified
- You will then receive a One Time Pin (OTP) which you need to provide to the agent
- A message will be sent to your cellphone from your NSFAS Wallet account
- Follow the prompts on your screen to complete the reset process
NSFAS Chat will be available to you from Monday to Friday, from 08:30 to 17:00.