If you did not meet the minimum requirements or want to rewrite some of your matric subjects, you can register to rewrite the subjects through the Second Chance Matric Programme. You can read below to learn more about your options.
For rewrites, you can rewrite any subject of your choice, no matter what mark you received.
By rewriting, you have another chance to meet the requirements of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Senior Certificate (SC) and therefore obtain a Grade 12 Matric certificate.
There used to be examinations in February/March but now those have been phased out and the supplementary exams take place in May/June. You may also write the supplementary exams if you could not sit or finish the November examinations due to medical reasons, a death in the family, or another special reason.
These are the opportunities to rewrite:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) supplementary exams
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) progressed learners (learners who wrote the NSC the previous year but did not sit for all 6 subjects)
- Part-time NSC candidates (learners who attempted the NSC examinations post-2015)
You can click here to apply online, or you can visit the district office and fill out the form there.
These are the required documents to be submitted to register:
- Completed registration form
- A certified copy of your ID document or birth certificate or passport (foreign candidates)
- Repeater candidates must attach a copy of their previous highest qualification
- If you have entered and wrote any other Grade 12 or equivalent examination before you will need to supply the examination numbers for those exams.
The deadline to apply to rewrite is 26 March 2021.