Enter your email address for emails about the latest BURSARIES available

You can unsubscribe at any time

Type your keywords in the search box above

What do I need to apply for NSFAS bursary?


When you want to apply for NSFAS bursaries to pay your college or varsity fees you can do the whole application online. If that is difficult for you then you can also apply from any public university or college.

The first thing you need is your SA ID document or your Unabridged Birth Certificate.

You then need the ID documents for your parents or guardian.

If your parents/guardian are working your should submit a recent payslip. If they are not working, or are SASSA grant beneficiaries, you don't need to submit anything. You will just specify this on the online application.

NSFAS will check your household income by checking with SARS and credit bureaus.

You should download the consent form from the NSFAS website. Click here to download the Consent Form. You should complete this form and then submit it with your application.

A common question is what to do when the applicant only lives with one parent, and the other does not contribute financially. With the new system the applicant's application is compiled based on their household income. So they will submit the details of the parent they live with.

When you have all the documents you need go to the official NSFAS website. Make sure you are on the official NSFAS website when you apply.


Latest Bursaries

The FirstRand Foundation scholarship, to the value of R850 000, is available to previously disadvantaged South African citizens for postgraduate study outside South Africa in any discipline at an i


The Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) is facilitating full time bursaries for the academic year 2021.