Field of Study:
Canon Collins Trust invites applications from current 3rd year students (going into their 4th year in 2020) studying for an LLB at the University of the Western Cape or the University of Fort Hare.
We will provide funding of R40,000 towards the last year of your LLB studies, an opportunity to enhance your academic and leadership skills through organised events and a paid internship at a public interest law firm for approximately five months after your graduation.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
Applicants must be:
- a national of, and normally resident in, South Africa
- in possession of a strong academic record and extra-curricular involvement
- a current undergraduate 3rd year student of Law at the University of the Western Cape or the University of Fort Hare
How to Apply:
The application form is of primary importance as it serves as the basis for assessment.
You can download it from the Canon Collins website. It must be neat and easy to read.
The form should be completed on a computer, saved as a PDF, and submitted via email to: [email protected]. Please put your name and surname in the title of the email, e.g. Application Joel Joffe scholarship: Patricia Mazibuko.
The following supporting documents must be included, and should ideally be sent with the application form in a single email.
If this is not possible you may send extra email(s), but please make sure it is clearly labelled with your name and scholarship details in the subject line of the email.
E.g. Application Joel Joffe scholarship: Patricia Mazibuko (2 of 3). All applicants are required to send the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of degree certificates, if available
- academic transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees (academic or professional)
- ID document (passport, birth certificate, driving license)
- LLB Law at the University of the Western Cape Law scholarships