Time is running out for those individuals seeking funding from NSFAS as NSFAS will close their applications for 2021 on 30 November. Hurry and apply now if you haven't already before it's too late! This is definitely not an opportunity you'd want to miss.
You can apply now on http://nsfas.org.za(link is external) or visit your nearest NYDA Centre or Teachers' Centre. Do however remember that NSFAS does not accept emailed or posted applications.
NSFAS offers funding to University students as well as TVET College students in the form of a bursary. Getting funded by NSFAS does not only cover your tuition fees but will have you receive funding for other needs you have as a student. NSFAS will also provide assistive devices & human support for applicants with disabilities.
If you plan on studying or know someone who plans to study in 2021 but needs financial assistance, NSFAS is a great option for you. The requirements to be funded by NSFAS are as follows:
- You are a South African citizen
- Financial constraints which doesn't allow you to fund your own studies such as:
- Having a combined household income that's under R350 000 per year
- You have a disability and your combines annual household income is less than R600 000
- You are a SASSA grant recipient
- You are applying to get a formal qualification from a public university or TVET College
- You passed grade 9 to 12 (for those applying for TVET funding)
- You passed grade 12 (for those applying for University funding)
The NSFAS Administrator encouraged parents to ensure their children apply to both NSFAS and higher education institutions as it was found that students qualified for funding and did not apply to a University or TVET College. Qualifying and getting funded by NSFAS means nothing if you are not registered to a University or TVET College.
If you've already applied and want to know where your application is, you should:
- Login on the myNSFAS student portal via this link: https://bit.ly/2SWFVh3(link is external)(link is external)
- Enter your username and password, then click SIGN IN!
- Click on Track Funding Progress.
NSFAS has also been visiting schools around the country to assist Matrics with applying to NSFAS so who knows, NSFAS might be coming to you. Keep an eye out on the financial aid scheme's social media pages to know where they're heading to next. If you plan on studying or know someone who plans to study in 2021 but needs financial assistance, come through to find out more.