The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) funds thousands of students attending Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges in South Africa.
Boland TVET College is a public college and among one of the TVET colleges funded by NSFAS.
Students at Boland TVET College can submit their NSFAS applications and appeals on the following dates:
- Semester 2 Appeals: New and continuing student appeals are currently open and will close on October 15, 2021.
- Trimester 3 Applications: Application window is currently open and will close on October 22, 2021.
- Trimester 3 Appeals - New and continuing student appeals are currently open and will close on October 29, 2021.
Please note: we have not received the date on which the platform will open for first-time applicants for 2022. We will announce this on our page as soon as we do. - Boland College.
In order to qualify for NSFAS funding as a TVET student:
- You need to be a South African citizen.
- You need to be registered or intending to register on a PLP, NC(V) or Report 191 programme at any of the 50 public TVET Colleges in South Africa.
- You need to meet the financial eligibility criteria.
- If you are a returning student, you need to demonstrate proven and accepted academic performance in line with the institution’s progression policy or the progression prescriptions of the Bursary Rules and Guidelines.
- Should not be enrolling for a qualification that duplicates previous learning that was funded by the state.
- Combined gross family income of up to R350 000 per annum.