There are apparently 21 Setas in South Africa, each dedicated to a different sector of the economy, ranging from the Agricultural, to Cultural, to Educational, to Wholesale and Retail sectors. Many of these sectors offer bursaries for students who wish to enter in those particular Seta fields.
The Accounting Seta is known as the Finance, Accounting, Management, Consulting and Other Financial Services sector, or Fasset. With the aim to increase and nurture the skillsets of future employees that will enter the financial and accountancy sector, Fasset has made a bursary scheme available for such students who are pursuing accountancy and finance as part of their studies in hopes to achieve a career in that field.
To be considered for this bursary option, the following is required of the applicant:
- Applicant must be a South African citizen
- Applicant must have completed matric with a minimum of level 6 for mathematics
- Applicant must be in their second last, or final year of study in the accountancy or finance fields
- Applicant must be studying at a recognized university or university of technology
- Applicant must be able to prove financial need
To complete an application, the student will have to visit the CareerWise page and register themselves to be directed to an application.