NSFAS have stated that if you have not received your allowance because of a cellphone number change, you will need to update the cellphone number that you used for your NSFAS wallet.
To change your number, you need to:
- Log into your myNSFAS account
- Proceed to update your personal details
- Change your current cellphone number on the myNSFAS portal to that of your NSFAS wallet account, if they're different
- Now change that number to the new cellphone number you wish to use on your NSFAS wallet account
- You will then receive an SMS advising you to verify your wallet account by dialling *120*176# from your new cell phone number
- Enter your password
- You will be required to re-verify
- Follow the prompts on your cellphone to complete the process
If you are still having problems or are unable to access your myNSFAS account then you can contact NSFAS and send a request to NSFAS via the NSFAS social media inbox (DM) or email.
You can also contact NSFAS for assistance by calling 08000 67327 or by reaching them on their social media accounts.