The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) offers financial support to South African citizens or permanent residents so that they may further their studies without worrying about the financial burden.
NSFAS receives thousands of applications from students across South Africa and only a small number of those students are approved for funding.
The agency has clarified that students who were unsuccessful in applying for the bursary may apply more than once.
Students who applied previously but were not approved and still require funding for their studies may apply again if they meet the requirements.
Applicants need to meet the following requirements to qualify for the bursary:
- Should be South African citizens or permanent residents.
- All SASSA grant beneficiaries are eligible.
- Applicants whose combined household income is R350 000 or less per year.
- Persons with a disability whose combined household income is no more than R600 000 per year.
- Applicants who first registered at university before 2018 whose combined household income is R122 000 or less per year.
Students interested in applying for NSFAS may follow these instructions:
How To Apply:
- Click here to visit the NSFAS website.
- Select the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Complete the sections on the screen by providing the required information.
- Upload necessary supporting documents where applicable.
- Submit the application.