If you would like to cancel your NSFAS application for whatever reason, you can easily do so in just a few steps.
Here's how you can go about cancelling your NSFAS application:
- Log into your myNSFAS portal
- track application then click on "cancel application".
Applications for 2022 are currently open and are due to close on 7 January 2021. Applicants will need to meet the following criteria in order to qualify for funding:
- Be a South African citizen
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Your household must have a combined household income of not more than R350 000 per annum.
- People with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Applications submitted by the following applicants will not be considered, as those within the following categories do not qualify for funding:
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).