If your application status says ‘Awaiting Academic Results/Admission’, it means that NSFAS is checking your academic results as well as the institution's admission status to ensure that the student meets the bursary requirements.
Students may find that they will be on this step for a while as NSFAS will be waiting for information from the student's chosen tertiary institute. Because of this waiting period students are encouraged to check their application status regularly.
Here is how you can check your NSFAS application status:
- Click here to visit the myNSFAS portal.
- Log in to your myNSFAS account.
- Select ‘Track Funding Progress’.
The NSFAS bursary provides funding to students in need who would like to study at a tertiary education institute. The NSFAS bursary covers registration, tuition, transportation, personal care and learning materials.
To qualify for NSFAS funding you will need to meet these requirements:
- Students need to be South African citizens or permanent residents.
- Sassa grant beneficiaries also qualify for funding.
- Those with a combined household income of not more than R350 000 per year.
- Persons with disabilities: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per year.