Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT) is a university located in Durban that provides students with career orientated skills through a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical experience in the workplace.
They offer many courses across three faculties namely; Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Management Sciences, Faculty of Natural Sciences.
So will the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) cover courses from MUT?
The answer is yes, NSFAS will cover MUT courses as the university falls under the 26 Public South African Universities that NSFAS funds.
In order to be funded by NSFAS you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be accepted or applying to a Public South African University
- SASSA grant beneficiaries are immediately accepted
- Household income must come to below R350 000 per year
- People with disabilities need to have a household income which comes to below R600 000 per year
The NSFAS bursary covers tuition, registration, accommodation and provides various allowances which cover learning material, living and transport expenses.
NSFAS is a government bursary which financially assists disadvantaged students who are pursuing a qualification at Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges and public universities in South Africa.
They ensure that students pursue their studies without any financial burden.