If you have a passion for innovation and problem solving, then a career in engineering is definitely worth considering.
As an engineer, you have the opportunity to work on projects that will benefit society and fix real problems people are facing.
From civil engineering to mining engineering, there are a wide range of fields that you can explore and pursue.
It is important that you plan ahead with regards to funding your studies. Students who wish to further their studies in engineering can apply for funding at various organisations in South Africa.
Below is a list of bursaries you can apply for:
- National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) – NSFAS provides funding to students wanting to study engineering.
- Absa Bank Bursary – Each year Absa provides a handful of students with financial support to further their students and pursue their dream career.
- Capitec Bank Bursary - The financial institution offers bursary funding that support a variety of study fields including engineering.
- Oasis Bursary - The organisation provides bursary opportunities to students who show potential and academic excellence.
- Foskor Bursary – Foskor offers bursaries to prospective engineering students for various fields.
- Transnet Bursary – Each year, Transnet offers bursaries to full-time students who they view as future employees.
- Mercedes Benz Bursary - Mercedes Benz offers bursary funding in various fields to students that show great potential.
- Passenger Railway Agency of South Africa (PRASA) - Every year PRASA offers funding to students who are studying towards a technical degree or qualification. This includes engineering.
- Clover Pinnacle Bursary - Clover offers qualifying individuals financial assistance to complete their studies.
- Golden Arrow Bus Services Bursary (GABS) - Golden Arrow offers financial assistance to full-time students studying the fields of Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
It is important to note that the above mentioned institutions may only provide bursary funding in certain fields of engineering. Find out more about the funding opportunities and requirements offered by the organisations on their official websites.