Actuarial Science deals with evaluating risks and maintaining the economic stability of insurance or financial organisations.
The primary goal and objective of anyone that studies Actuarial Science is to become an actuary.
Actuarial Science graduates learn how to use Mathematics, Statistics, and Probability principles to anticipate future events and take preventive measures.
Graduates have access to a variety of career opportunities and field choices, for example, business analysts, budget analysts, analysts at intelligence agencies, research analysts, financial analysts, insurance underwriters or insurance claims adjusters.
Below is a list of companies that offer Actuarial Sciences Bursaries:
- National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) - NSFAS provides government funding to qualifying students to further their studies in an array of study fields and qualifications.
- Old Mutual Bursary – Old Mutual offers funding to study further for students who are passionate about becoming Accountants or Actuaries. The bursary is offered to students that have done exceptionally well at school.
- Santam Bursary – Every year Santam invites prospective students to apply for the Santam bursary programme.
- Nedbank Bursary – Nedbank Supports academically deserving students with proven financial need to take their first steps toward achieving their dreams and obtain their first undergraduate degree.
- ABSA Bank Bursary – Through academic funding and expert guidance, the Absa Fellowship Programme helps these leaders to rise and steer this continent to a brighter future.
- National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) Bursary – NYDA provides numerous bursaries to students in need, in various study fields including Actuarial Science.
- First National Bank (FNB) Bursary – The FNB bursary programme focuses on the provision of funds for students studying commerce and science degrees.
- South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Bursary – SARB provides bursaries to students in relevant fields of study who are from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Investec Bursary - Investec provides the funding necessary to see young people in South Africa with
- Liberty Bursary - Liberty offers Bursaries to students wanting to study towards an undergraduate Actuarial Science qualification.
Should you be looking for funding to further your studies in Actuarial Sciences any of the above mentioned companies offer funding that can help you on your journey to become an actuary. Visit their official websites to find more.