Computer science is an exciting field of study. If you enjoy working with computers and computational systems this career path will allow you to explore the world of engineering, science, and mathematics all at once.
A qualification in Computer Science will allow you to have access to various career fields and career choices.
People occupying this field of work usually design patterns and get to develop various software and components that make life much easier.
Studying Computer Science will give you the opportunity to gain and develop complex skills that harness innovation and critical thinking.
Below is a list of bursaries you can apply to for funding:
- Ikusasa Student Financial Aid Programme (ISFAP) – ISFAP funds students pursuing their tertiary education in various fields of study and qualification.
- Vodacom Bursary - Vodacom offers an academic merit bursary to full-time first-year, second-year or third-year students intending to study or are studying towards Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transnet Bursary - Every year Transnet offers bursaries to a number of students in various study fields.
- National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) - NSFAS is a government student financial aid scheme that funds students to complete their tertiary education after finishing high school.
- Santam Bursary - Santam offers funding to Computer Science students currently in their second, third or final year of undergraduate studies.
- Sasol Bursary - Sasol awards bursaries to for full-time university studies in engineering and science.
- Altech Bursary – Altech offers a number of bursaries to persons who wish to engage in tertiary education with a goal of obtaining undergraduate degrees through to postgraduate research. Bursaries are awarded in the following fields of study: Electronic Engineering Computer Science/Information Technology Mechanical Engineering Industrial Engineering.
- Amazon Bursary – The Amazon (Software Development Engineer) Bursary is offered to students wanting to pursue a career in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology.
- Investec Bursary – Investec offers funding for young South Africans with academic potential get to university.
- Fair Tree Bursary - Each year, FairTree awards funding to meritorious students pursuing specific qualifications including Computer Science.
Should you be interested in pursuing a career in the Computer Science industry and you require tertiary education funding then it's worth applying at any of the above mentioned organisations.