There are a few options that SASSA has approved:
- Change from one payment method to another.
- Opt from receiving the grant at the Post Office to a bank account, or vice versa.
- Move payments from one bank to another.
- Choose a cash-send option.
To change your payment method, you can read our detailed article with full instructions.
SASSA has allowed for these kinds of changes to take place because for some people it has been very difficult to access their grants from the post office.
It is incredibly important to make sure that your payment details are up-to-date and accurate. SASSA has said "when choosing a bank account, ensure that the account is in your name (SASSA cannot pay money for one person into the account held by another) and that the bank account is not closed.
The payment process is delayed if money is sent to a closed account, as SASSA has to wait for the funds to be returned before sending it to the Post Office for collection."
How to change your banking details?
If you need to change your banking details we can help you with details on how to do that.
- Click here, to change your bank details.
- Submit your ID Number.
- An SMS containing a secure link will be sent to the mobile phone number with which you registered during the application.
- Click on the link in the SMS and follow the instructions carefully.
For more information about changing your payment method, you can visit the SASSA website.